Tuesday, August 9, 2011

simplify.

were stuck here between our feelings and our thoughts
somewhere between our mornings, and late night talks.
i miss you, you are so far from my reach
but with you is where i'll always be.

days pass slowly, too slow for me..
not hearing your voice, waiting for my phone to ring.
im here, im there, im everywhere but with you..
i know times are hard, but i'll be there soon..
you're growing up so much, and i can't keep up
im trying my legs are getting so weak..
im chasing you, as you conquer your dreams
but you move so fast and im far behind.

i've never been too good at living my own life..
but who is?
there are some things i wish i could've done in the past
some things i wish i didn't do..
but most of all some things i could've said to you
that could've prevented us from getting here.
but is here so terribly bad?
im happy with who you've become..
a mature relationship is all we've ever wanted
lets live it.
breathe it, and taste the sweetness of success
we're here now..
and i want this to last.

im holding back feelings, saving drafts in my phone
trying to keep myself from thinking things i used to know
when i'd tell myself you're doing me wrong
but now all i do is trust in you
and i pray you wont let me down,again.

if this is simply what we've yearned for..
then why is it so hard to understand?
im embracing the feeling of you gone again..
long term, long distance, long time no see
but at the end of the day, you live in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment