Saturday, August 13, 2011

she smiles.

sun sparkles on the water, across the yard
and the trees sing to me their songs.
sombers through the night, because she's really gone.

so long ago, our pinkys promised
3 years, and im still here.
smiling everytime i hear your song,
but now its only played as a throwback
when the station has nothing better to play..
and when i walk past your house now
its different.
no pitty, no sad stories that we all lose our friends
no more tall tales about the nights that we felt free
no more you, only memory.

breathing was simply an option, but smiling was not
we didn't care what they'd think
we were young,wild and free
free me of my misery
lost here without a truce of a friendship
i once knew
dig through this box, of things you left for me
unburrying capsels i thought i'd never see again
shouldn't i feel okay by now?
shouldn't i know the difference bewteen touched and alone?
stranded, and left behind
they look at me like im the lucky one
but days like these i wish you werent the only one

gray clouds above peirce the core of my soul
making pictures of the sky to form your face
my memory is still fading away
pictures, but its not the real thing
lost in surreal images that i can never rinse from my brain
i miss you, always my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment