Sunday, August 7, 2011

embrace.

Are we merely just content with our comfort in this stage?
other people move swiftly through the routine of their days,
but you and i stand still with time.

Hands move slow now, and we're clinging close
fingers point us out and were exposed..
but we my love are simply in love
and we shall always be untouched.

we can't run now, we've come too far,
but where is far if heaven is strictly against my lips?
you smell of smoke and licorice
white sky, pure scent of rain
but today you will wash me away.
hiding in my perfect escape
trapped in your arms i wish to stay.

no one understands my pain, but you embrace the feel of rain
drenched in you i walk through these rays that dry all my tears away.
they say that youre not here to stay
but for now, for me its good enough.

keep your grip on my hips, and your hand through my hair,
im tangled in this surreal place i only know when i see your face.
i dont want to leave, but reality has a way of ruining things..
i smile and you fade away.. i hope to see you again today
but with you they always call for rain.

heaven is now just written about, they say there is such a place
but knowing what i have felt, i only dream to see your face,
prove them wrong, come back now..
i want to hold you here.
not forever, not too long..
but long enough.

i've told them all the doubts ive had, of its existence
if only i could show them now what its like.

they need to see what i see when you look at me.
they need to feel what i feel when my cheek rests on your chest.
if they heard what i heard, unfrozen but beating strong
maybe then, just maybe
i could prove them all wrong.

1 comment: