Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sugar&spice

you never know what you have until its gone.
it's safe to say i can now relate..
i had everything, but i was blind.
blinded by you my love,
i had the world at my fingertips
but you reached out and crushed it.
i wanted you.
part of me still does..
but i want more what i lost before you
my independence.
the girl that lived inside me..
she'd play dress up and sing in the mirror for hours
she'd paint her nails different colors
and wear whatever she wanted..
until she dressed to impress, you.


i want the child that ran away from me.
the child that played on the swings hanging from my heart.
the same child who took risks, and dared to fail at something..
the child who didn't care about anything but coloring out of the lines..
but that child grew to love you.


There was a woman having lunch at a small table in my brain.
the woman who documented her goals, and life long dreams..
she'd write out pros, cons, and she'd keep them filed..
but she started drawing hearts around your name.


wheres the princess stuck in the tower?
is she still awaiting for her prince to come?
she looks out her window at fire breathing dragons
she braids her hair and hopes it has grown..
she still tally's the days spent wasting after waking from dreams
he'd wear silver, shinig armor and slay the beast
but she got bored of believing in bed time stories
so bored she let herself free.


looking back now, i now see what i had..
when you grow up you lose sense of yourself..
but who wrote the book about love?


i gave you everything.. 
all i had in me, and i forgot who i was.
i forgot where i was going
a journey to find thyself.


So today i'll braid my hair and climb from this damn tower
because i am strong
i'll file my dreams and lock them safe inside my heart.
and i will love myself.
i will dress up in all my fine pearls
and i will look in the mirror and feel good to be me
independent me.


and when i get there, on my fire breathing beast,
with a smile stamped on my face
where the path leads and the journey ends
i promise i will think of you, my prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment