Monday, July 18, 2011

MIC

spread the word like lotion on my skin,
vulnerable, and through my pores i suck you in.
trapped in the crease between your brows..
so sing to me the song i dread to hear..
your love is music to my ears.
producer of my fears,and these happy tears.
so play along the strings im wrapped up in..
and hit my heart to the beat of the drum..
you said i was your only one.

you tell me to sing along, but im not familiar with this song.
theres only three words for lyrics on this page
but your singing off of the beat anyway..
so we'll harmonize and try to find middle ground..
can you hear me now?
i'd rather sing by myself
ochopella.

puff,puff, and hit this high note with me
rooms spinning and your all i see.
playing the piano to "killing me softly"
whispers, so loud i can't hear myself think.

wheres the MIC when i have something to say?
I'll be your MC,remind you we're doing okay..
crowd pleaser but i'll always come back for you..
you know you're the only one i can talk to.
adjust you to my height, before we hit the stage..
im trying to convince myself not to bitch out.

"palms are sweaty" you make my knees weak
and i keep forgetting we've been here before.
so you grab the headphones and produce this track
i'll be behind the curtain waiting to see if you actually come back.

applaud.

No comments:

Post a Comment