Saturday, October 29, 2011

patience.

i rest my eyes upon the faded pictures that hang on my wall
awaiting the moment i can finally feel your chest beneath my head.
the sun sets, as hours fade and minutes turn into days.
days into weeks, feeling the cold against my cheeks
the weather begins to change and i hope we're all the same
all in all, i hope we stay this way.
i lay my head where the night brings me,upon this pillow i dream
i can't wait to see your face.
look how far we've come my love,
look at all the damage we've done, but look at who we have become.
i miss you, but a few hours soon i will be with you.
i force myself to sleep, you'll stay in my heart where i promised to keep you.
like the first day of highschool, planning outfits in my head
changing positions in my bed
fighting thoughts , no longer dreading the wake without you.
i miss you,but three hrs more and ill be with you.
i drive sound, behind this windsheild
zoning out passing these signs that i always love to see
reminding me of the crazy rides we drove to get here
look how long we've come my dear.
they all speak your name like poison to a drink
and while i sip the sweet nectar, i fiend for the reassurance
hoping we can find ourselves in each other.
drip after drip, our relations take a dip and we end up in the slums of sorrows
hold me tight, keep me close i dont want to wake tommorrow
i cut these minutes in half,pasting moments to dreams
and through a nightmare i pass ignoring your screams
i want you i need you i wish you could go..
but i know if i'm patient love will bring you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment