Friday, December 7, 2012

dreams of the chest.

The cold metal lock was in my hand
I dont you remember, i couldnt find the key.
I would tug at it, and try to find an alternative
I remember you telling me the many things that were stored away inside.
I wanted nothing more but to open the lifeless box.

Everytime i saw you you'd mention another clue to getting inside.
I'd leave a note in my head
Adding the clues, adding the puzzle pieces together
I would open it, and it would simply blow me away.

The warm sun would rest upon my back
The walls around me were strong
soft instruments played for a perfect ending
and that day i held your hand asking for your help.

That day i opened the chest.
When my hand wrapped around the lock, like i was invincible.
The way it felt in my palm, ill never forget.

You told me there were two sides inside of it.
I lifted the lid up, and what i saw i could not believe.
I stumbled over the truth, i pondered over the expectations
what was left before me was never what i imagined.

In my my mind the box full of life was so much more interesting
the things we built together were so alive, and colorful
and looking down at nothing inside of this chest hit me right in mine.
Nothing inside, nothing in you, nothing in me..
and the walls around me start to crumble, to crush me
Our bodies have collided before my eyes, but just that; collide.
I have ran for my life, just to dream of an empty box
full of sweet expectations and nothings.

No comments:

Post a Comment