Monday, November 19, 2012

sail.

Wash away the sour feeling of alone inside my soul,
the timeless sand eating at itself, breaking shells in my ears leaving only silence on my tongue.
Drown me in my fears to see if i come afloat gasping for air to face them,with you.
The salt can shrink my lungs as i scream for the second chances we gave away.
My eyes are open, and i can make out my mistakes, squinting yet i can see them getting closer
and as i keep swimming i find myself still sinking into the memory of the ones I've lost.
Wanting to feel free again,
but trapped under the waters of self destruct.
My fingers like prunes, holding onto the things i love as they melt away into weeds off shore..
the waves are getting bigger,
the tides are getting stronger.. but i ride them till they die down
i ride them long enough to see the end, the sunset..
the birds flocking the sun
chasing the beams along the wet sand
I listen ashore, to the wind pulling at the dunes
to the heat smothering the air leaving holes of emptiness behind
i want to fill them, like the salt water fills my lungs
like my heart fills my chest
i want to fill the deceiving holes of abandoned minds
i want to feel myself float along this life like nothing can ever sink me
with no anchors tied to my ankles
i will wash away.


No comments:

Post a Comment