Wednesday, December 14, 2011

quench.

the cup had always been half drained to me,never enough to quench my thirst but you taught me to see the glass half full. i started to see things positively, the fingerprinted glass was still crystal clear, the lip stained rim seemed to be a tasteful touch, but a grain of doubt float upon the half drunken water that still didn't reach the top. my mouth watered for more evidence of any left liquid to sooth my dry mouth, but i couldn't  seem to find anything worth pouring. I'd stare at the glass, wondering if the poison was worth drinking, the lies, the sleepless nights and countless tears, but all i did was stare. I couldn't grasp the glass, feel the cold toxic water flush me of my independence, my determination to make something of myself. I could become parch but what difference would that really make i was already thirsting for the true substance of the liquid that formed to the very shape of a meaning cup. What was it that floated upon the edge,something black hovering over the tasteless beverage that i felt i needed. Why did i doubt the cleanliness? why would i doubt the quality of something so simple, so taken for granted in other places? my hand stretched in front of me and my fingers wrapped around the glass dragging it across the table creating a sinful sound of "ahh" with the two gulps i felt refreshed, slamming the glass back to the table and again staring. I wanted more, and the black floaty still stuck to the side of the cup was staring back at me in the face. Despite the poison,despite the doubting i still gave into my weakness without trusting it, without really even wanting it i gave in because i thought i needed it but what i really needed was to realize if i thought of it id only would seem to want it more, to quench my thirst, to quench my sorrows, to hold me and sooth me to wet the tongue that has fed lies, and rolled off the words i love you plenty of times, but this poisoned tongue now burned of lies and distrust. I didn't needed it, but telling myself i did only made it my weakness.

2 comments:

  1. Sun kissed, moon dipped, gorgeous in any light, Like the small of her back illuminated by candled nights
    it was her fire cured hair that smelled of the moment
    reminder of why her heart is what I'm holding
    shoveled responsibilities into backpacks for safe keeping
    always spoke the truth but eyes were misleading
    breathing in her scent
    time well spent
    in between two dials
    we compile and share multiple bliss
    She asked me too write a poem.
    I began to Flair my nostrils and wrote 6 lines
    Inhale the sweet scents
    Open your ears
    Hear the devil music
    Pick up your pen
    Write your suicidal words Sign it in blood
    Smiled she said it was true
    She showed me a scar
    On her arm the words bled through

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete