Tuesday, January 24, 2012

free

today i'll be a rebel,paint my face happy but my nails black;
look at me once because i never look back.
stare if you want to, it changes me none;
be my friend if you have to but dont cry when im gone.
i will always leave.

there is no term for it yet; the uncomfort one finds in a situation
or a day to day routine, the hesitant feeling that always haunts me
but it is there.
you cant see it, you cant feel it but its like it hovers over you, chokes you and smothers you.
feel no pity for the girl inside me that swings from the strings,dangling from these things you'd call dreams.
black war paint around my eyes, i open them wide only to see what you blind bats cant see,
the real me.
im an artist, i sing, but i love to draw pictures to describe the stories i write,
tell me, do you too wake with cudi in the night?
do you howl to the man on the moon, to walls in this room.. are you really here with me?
or am i alone how i should be?
some call this style, swag, fashion, glam.. i call it me.
they dress famous while i dress myself, no clothing designer to dress me in wealth
i keep my secrets close, but my ideas are loud.. seeping through my mouth.
its like i speak a different language than these clowns
and suddenly im center stage for being aroused..
im anxious to the thought of being ones self, and its like its against the law.
there is so much depth in this body, in this mind that you cannot see from the outside
and i wish you not to pity me for i pity you for what you are missing out on.
people they get close to me, i only let them get so close to me, but it isn't long until their eyes bleed
and their heart sees the true colors inside of me.
but by the time they get there, theyre color blind.
the colors black and white
no purples, or blues, no reds, no greens
just black and white like old tv's
use your imagination, its there.
just fill in the blanks, i promise i can set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment